Friday 27 April 2012

Welcome to My Learning Journal

Hello and welcome.

I intend to use this web log to record my thoughts and experiences over the next ten weeks, April through to July 2012. Why this period? I recently enrolled on the BA Degree Preparation Programme in Humanities part-time evening course at Swansea University. For those not acquainted with the U.K., Swansea is a wonderful city located on the South Wales coast. More on this in later posts.

My chosen modules are

Spiritualism, Science & Medicine, and
Introduction to Sociology

Web link to the course brochure

Returning to study after 24 years away from the classroom is a daunting task. Feelings of anxiety and nervousness are mixed with those of excitement for the challenge ahead. This blog will record my study notes, plans, subject areas and just as importantly, my journey into the unknown. As an I.T. professional I've been blindly immersed in the world of technology since the age of fourteen. This departure to fields anew will surely enlighten me and force me to consider my own personal Evans Bubble World in a new light. Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment